Monday, January 20, 2014

21 Jump Street the Movie

Yep, we are reviewing this movie a year late ;) Better late than never? Anyway the sequel is coming out this year! Woo-hoo! I'm probably going to see it the day it comes out. So this movie is about two best friends who are so close that they call themselves "brothers" in high school they weren't friends because Jenko (Tatum) was a underachieving jock and Schmidt (Hill) was the nerd who was obsessed with Eminem. They both go to the police academy and there they help each other with their weaknesses and soon become best friends. They soon get a job on 21 Jump Street and their job is to go undercover as high school students. While there Jenko and Schmidt switch spots, Schmidt becoming a popular kid and Jenko a nerd.

I loved this movie it was so funny (some parts weren't appropriate though)! So bad things first:

Cons:

  •  I did guess the evil mastermind (as usual) but Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum, Nick Offerman, and Ice Cube made up for it with their funny words.
  •  I didn't really enjoy the whole "role switching" part. (Jenko was a popular kid in high school and Schmidt was a nerd but in the reenactment their roles switched) and this caused unnecessary drama.
  •  Also, the characters were not explained enough especially Eric (why didn't his parents care for him? Other than the fact his parents are rich we don't get insight to this.)
Pros:

  • As I said, it was really funny!
  • *Spoiler* when Jenko says he would take a bullet for Schmidt and then he actually does (aww so corny and cute!)
  • Good acting
  • Good graphics
  • I like how Hill and Tatum were "brothers" it was really sweet
  • The white suits for prom were so cool!
  • I liked the action
I REALLY WANT TO SAY MORE!! But I can't as it is I have given away too much. So I can't! Just go watch it!!!

 3 stars :)

No comments:

Post a Comment